unsuccessful sql auth logging how

spam at srv.hu spam at srv.hu
Thu Apr 24 13:09:43 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am newbie here but hope, somebody can answer it my problem.
I have a Postfix with SMTP authentication using auxprop plugin.
smtpd.conf is descrebide below:

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: login plain
password_format: plain
sql_engine: pgsql
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_user: myUser
sql_passwd: 123
sql_database: maildb
sql_select: select smtpauth from smtpauth('%u', '%r')

My problem is that I would like to log in my database the unsuccessful and
the successful login attempts, but I can't pass my stored procedure the
plaintext password what the user using during the authentication. %p is not
working for me. The procedure only now the username so I can log only that
the username was correct or not.

If somebody know any suggestion ...
Thank you