No SQL module found

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Fri Oct 26 06:44:52 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 09:20 +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> sql_hostnames: localhost
>

> If you use localhost the mysql client will attemt a TCP connection. If you
> use 127.0.0.1 it will try to connect using a UNIX domain socket. At least
> that's what I have been told...

I believe it's the other way around. If I read the MySQL API
documentation [0,1] correctly, the string "localhost" or a NULL value
will use a socket on Unix systems, while an IP address or any other DNS
name will use a TCP/IP connection.

[0] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/mysql-real-connect.html
[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-real-connect.html

Those docs could be clearer, though...