How to synchronize Kerberos and SASL passwords?

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 28 20:40:22 EST 2007

We have a central database that contains Unix, NTLM, and SASL
passwords, permitting single-password signons for Unix and Windows
desktops, and for Cyrus IMAP.  I'd like to add Kerberos to this mix,
but only for IMAP authentications initially.  This would permit
single-signon from Unix IMAP clients like mutt and pine, and
especially from a webmail application using pubcookie for
authentication.  I'd like Kerberos to use the same passwords, rather
than supporting another password database.  Is anybody doing this?  Is
it even possible?  If not, would it be possible to keep them
synchronized?