Second try to authenticate fails in sasl_client_start()

Martin Ott mbo at codingmonkeys.de
Thu May 17 07:34:16 EDT 2007

Hey,

I'm currently implementing SASL support in a client product. I'm
using the Cyrus SASL v2 library. According to the client model
described in sasl.h, after an authentication failure I can try again
by calling sasl_client_start() again and then follow the usual
workflow. I use the same connection context as before. But my call to
sasl_client_start() retuns SASL_FAIL. The following message is
logged: "attempting client step after
doneflag". I can reproduce the issue with the PLAIN mechanism.
Do I have to 'reset' the connection context before I call
sasl_client_start() again?

Cheers,
Martin