How to cvs checkout SASL

Biswatosh biswatosh2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 05:55:27 EST 2007

The following steps to build from CVS worked without
any problem in RedHat Linux 9 and with very little
prob
(but manageable) in Solaris9. Somebody can try them on
other platforms. I dont expect much disappointments.
*****************************

INITIAL STEPS:

At top level of SASL dir
rm -rf autom4te.cache
Then, cd saslauthd
rm -rf autom4te.cache
cd ..

Main steps:

1)At top level dir, run autoheader

2)Run aclocal -I cmulocal -I config

3)Run autoconf

4)Run automake
If this complains that INTALL is not there,just
run $touch INSTALL and then run automake or else
the error from automake would itself suggest you
to rerun automake with an option(--add-missing).

5)Go to saslauthd dir

6)Run aclocal -I ../cmulocal -I ../config

7)Run autoconf

8)Run autoheader

9)Run automake

10)Come to top level again