Shared mailboxes

Jim Bacon jim at nortx.com
Wed Jun 13 10:50:05 EDT 2007

I am having trouble implementing shared mailboxes.  This question might
be better in an Evolution/Outlook list, but I want verify I have the
cyrus part correct.

As I understand it, all i need to do to have a shared mailbox (i.e.
info at example.com)  is to create a mailbox such as user.sharedmb.info and
then change the ACL on it to allow others to list and read.

I have done this, but there appears to be no way for other users to see
that the box even exists without logging in as the 'shared' user first,
which defeats the purpose.  The MUA's in use are Evolution, Outlook and
Outlook Express

What am I missing?

Jim