Enabling PLAIN+TLS mechanism for timsieved.

Matthew A. R. Sherian mars at photosphere.net
Wed Jun 13 00:51:00 EDT 2007

I am trying to get the sieve filter plugin for Thunderbird working, and
for some reason timsieved is not honoring the mech-list that I have in
my imapd.conf.
(LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 SRP CRAM-MD5+TLS DIGEST-MD5+TLS SRP+TLS PLAIN
+TLS PLAIN+SSL) When one connects to the sieve port the listed
mechanisms are only ("CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5"). /etc/pam.d/sieve is set to
use the system-auth defaults, and I attempted to add a saslpasswd entry
for the same user and realm with and an appname of "sieve".

Any hints beyond this are greatly appreciated...

-mars