Weird postfix/cyrus-sasl error...

Amarendra Godbole amarendra.godbole at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 05:27:13 EDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Patrick Ben Koetter <p at state-of-mind.de> wrote:
> Use smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter to filter GSSAPI away.
[...]

That did not work, and postfix came back saying no valid auth
mechanisms found. But these entries in main.cf did work:

smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous, noplaintext
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = login, ntlm

Now it negotiates login or ntlm with the server, and the auth works
fine. Thanks for all the help. My next stop is to figure out *what*
changed during portupgrade (as my postfix config files were the same
as before) that created this issue.

-Amarendra