How can i tell SASL2 to stop using /etc/sasldb2 ?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Tue Jul 31 09:17:52 EDT 2007

* Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com>:
> On 7/31/07, websrvr <websrvr at macftphttp.serverbox.org> wrote:
> > I think you might be better off contacting Patrick Ben Koetter about
> > the book of postfix.
> >
> > He wrote a very nice book (available in PDF for your viewing
> > pleasure) on the inner workings/configuration of postfix which
> > touches on the sasl side as well and IMHO should be a must-have for
> > the mail-admin.
> >
> > No it's not a shame-less plug, I get nothing out of it other than the
> > satisfaction of passing on the wisdom which I have attained in my
> > postfix endeavors and assistance directly from/with Patrick who
> > helped me achieve the impossible in an environment that wasn't
> > designed to support postfix/mysql or cyrus-sasl/mysql.
> >
> > While I understand the need to resolve the issue at hand, the minor
> > pittance to obtain the book is well worth the information contained
> > therein and will increase your ability to troubleshoot and correct
> > any issues you might encounter thus increasing your value as a mail-
> > admin.
> >

> I am sure it is a great book but i am more in need of log files
> actually that show me any sign of mysql authentication :)

Cyrus SASL used with the client and server tools logs to the AUTH facility.
Make sure your syslog server catches this facility and writes it to a log
file.

As for the failed authentication where you entered root as authcid and
authzid: Is root a valid entry in your mysql database?

p at rick

--
The Book of Postfix
<http://www.postfix-book.com>