How can i tell SASL2 to stop using /etc/sasldb2 ?

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 17:28:40 EDT 2007

On 7/28/07, Gerard <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> I think your path is set incorrectly. If I remember correctly, it is
> just SMTP or SMTPD. I forget which.
>
> In the future, post the output of 'postconf -n'. It will provide all
> of the modified variables which makes it easier to find where you have
> an incorrect configuration or error.

root at www:/etc/postfix# postconf -n
config_directory = /etc/postfix
disable_dns_lookups = yes
home_mailbox = mailbox
local_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/recipients.cf
mailbox_transport = dbmail-lmtp:localhost:24
mydestination = localhost $mydomain
mydomain = lan
myhostname = www.lan
mynetworks = 127.0.0.1/32
myorigin = $mydomain
relay_domains =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $mydomain
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_tls_security_level = may

I would like to point out that i also changed the path to the smtpd.conf
cyrus_sasl_config_path = /etc/postfix/smtpd.cf

assuming it represents the original /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf pad ?
Because it is not in the list of postfix -n ?

I left the smtpd_sasl_path to default witch is smtpd