How can i tell SASL2 to stop using /etc/sasldb2 ?

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 14:33:03 EDT 2007

On 7/28/07, Patrick Ben Koetter <p at state-of-mind.de> wrote:
> READ the docs and find out what $smtpd_sasl_path should be.

I did http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sasl_path
As far i can understand it i changed the following

cyrus_sasl_config_path = /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
smtpd_sasl_path = /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd

I now get this error

SASL per-process initialization failed: generic failure
SASL per-process initialization failed
process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 6289 exit status 1
/usr/lib/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

> Looks like a google copy & paste orgy to me...
You have know idea how many versions i found :)