Postfix + SASL Problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jul 19 06:24:19 EDT 2007

Patrick Ben Koetter schrieb:
> * Jeff Huang <jbhuang at scut.edu.cn>:
>>    Hi,I Using SASL for My Postfix Authentication.The pwcheck_method is
>>    saslauthd.My Postfix works with Virtual domain mode,So the user is
>>    id at domain.com,But when I send mail,sasl authentication failed.The log is
>>    saslauthd[11349]: do_auth         : auth failure: [user=id]
>>    [service=smtp] [realm=domain.com] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error] I
>>    want Postfix send user with the full name like id at domain.com to sasl,How
>>    I can do it?
>
> Run saslauthd with the command line option "-r".
>
> p at rick

Hi Patrick,

doesn't he already use that parameter as saslauthd sees the realm?

Jeff, you are using saslauthd with PAM as the backend. What kind of PAM
setup do you use for SMTP? Not each PAM configuration can handle realmed
user credentials, like authing against system accounts (passwd/shadow).

What does "ps axuwwww | grep saslauthd" say and what "cat /etc/pam.d/smtp"?

Alexander

P.S. Sorry Patrick that my first reply got to you personally be accident.