Problem building cyrus-sasl-2.1.22 with mySQL on mac os 10.4.10

Jeffrey Shawn Klotz jklotz at cybertechnow.com
Sun Jul 15 20:37:05 EDT 2007

Seems to build and install okay however it does not seem to have MySQL
or  PAM available as authentication methods. Both MySQL and PAM are
working correctly on the machine.

When I run:

 /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -h

I get:

saslauthd 2.1.22
authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 rimap ldap

I expected to see mysql and pam as authentication mechanisms.

Can any one give me an idea where I went wrong?

_MacIntel os 10.4.10
_
./configure \
   --with-ldap \
   --enable-sql \
   --with-mysql=/usr/local/lib/mysql \
   --with-saslauthd \
   --with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2 \
   --with-pam=/usr/lib/pam

make
make install
ln -s /usr/local/lib/sasl2  /usr/lib/sasl2

Thanks for your help.