AW: Logging problems + authentication problems

Herbert Muller HerbiM at gmx.de
Sun Jan 21 13:35:05 EST 2007

>Check if mysql is running and listening on the inet-Port (AFAIR the default

>was 3306). If it is running, check the mysql-Log. Maybe turn on verbose
>Logging in mysql. Check if the Username and Password you specified in
>smtpd.conf is correct.

MySQL is running and username and password are correct, because I can login
to PHPmyAdmin using them.

Verbose is on in MySQL, but there are no entries corresponding to SASL login
attempts in the log.

The port thing may be interesting. How can I determine on which port mysql
listens. nmap [IP] does not show any entry with "mysql". Does that mean
MySQL is not listening on 3306? How dies PHPmyAdmin connect to mysql?
I may be wrong, but I think Debian installs postfix chrooted. Maybe that is
the point (postfix blocked by chroot)?

By the way, when talking about Inet-Ports: Is that something different to
the usual Ports when talking about Internet applications?

--
Herbert