Windows Interop

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sat Jan 13 05:05:36 EST 2007

Sifting back thru this thread...

Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> Windows does have a SASL API.  It's layered on top of the SSPI, and
> msdn documents the calls themselves.  I would assume that they work,
> at least for email clients.

My copy of the Platform SDK (2003 SP1 edition) says these functions are
only available on Windows Server 2000 and Server 2003. Doesn't seem
worthwhile to spend much time on it with such limited applicability.

> The Cyrus SASL source distribution has a directory tree under "java"
> that has some test code, that I presume is a basis for understanding
> Java API.  The Cyrus SASL source distribution has a directory tree
> under "win32" that contains essentially nothing.  I count three files
> and 18 directories.

Looks like that subtree is for MSVC and hasn't been touched since 2002.
Not very interesting since autoconf works fine here using MSYS.

--
  -- Howard Chu