How to cvs checkout SASL

Biswatosh biswatosh2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 12:38:53 EST 2007

Hi,

After download of SASL, running autoreconf gives:
(on RedHat Linux version 9)
***************
[root at localhost saslexp2]# autoreconf
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5: warning:
underquoted definition of
AM_HEADER_TIOCGWINSZ_NEEDS_SYS_IOCTL
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5:   run info
'(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5: warning:
underquoted definition of
AM_HEADER_TIOCGWINSZ_NEEDS_SYS_IOCTL
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5:   run info
'(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/local/share/aclocal/winsz.m4:5:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
configure.in:14: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_DEFINE
      If this token and others are legitimate, please
use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit
status: 1
**************
On the versions used:
[root at localhost saslexp2]# autoreconf --version
autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61

[root at localhost saslexp2]# automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.10

[root at localhost saslexp2]# make --version
GNU Make 3.81

Now, I may surf net, reduce this or that error and
come up again with some new. That's why I want at
least some basic guidelines for building from cvs
checkout of SASL.

Thanks
Biswatosh