Password accessing in CRAM-MD5 authentication

Denis Malyshkin dmalyshkin at odesk.com
Tue Feb 13 10:46:50 EST 2007

Hello Alexey,

Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 11:50:11 PM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

>>Does SASL 2 use another way for the caller-supplied database for
>>CRAM-MD5 mechanism ?

AM> Yes. You should write your own auxprop plugin. Look at plugins/sasldb.c
AM> (or plugins/sql.c) for an example.

  Thanks a lot. It works!

  But I have two other questions:

1. My application is written in C++, so it can have multiple objects
"SMTP-Server" at run-time. SASL plugins have only one "void *"
parameter which used in global plugin initialization. How can I
associate different user/password databases to different servers
(different classes instance in one application) ?

2. Also we use library 'libetpan' and we need to encapsulate both
server and client into the one application. But 'libetpan' often calls
sasl_client_init()/sasl_done(). After sasl_done() SASL server part
also is terminated. Do you have any suggestions in that case ?  How
should client completely terminate his SASL session without
interfering server sessions ?

  Thanks for the help.

--
Best regards,