SASL + IMAP + GSSAPI failure (other gssapi stuff works)

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Feb 7 16:36:45 EST 2007

>> - What version of Kerberos are you using?
>
>MIT 1.5.1

.... are you _sure_?

I ask because of this
>25789:  open("/tmp/krb5cc_26560_VKaqJX", O_RDONLY)      = 5

The default credential cache when using MIT Kerberos is /tmp/krb5cc_<uid>
Without a KRB5CCNAME environment variable being set ... I honestly don't
know how MIT Kerberos is supposed to know how to find this credential cache.
What I see there makes me think you're using the Solaris-supplied Kerberos
tools, at least for kinit.  If that's the case and you're using MIT Kerberos
to compile Cyrus-SASL, that would make sense that it can't find the
crendential cache.  It might be interesting to set KRB5CCNAME to
the value of FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_26560_whatever and then try running imtest.

Also:

>25789:  open("/tmp/krb5cc_26560_VKaqJX", O_RDONLY)      = 5
>25851:  open("/export/k5/etc/krb5.conf", O_RDONLY)      = 5

I can't help noticing that the process IDs don't match up.  Are these
both from imtest?

--Ken