99.99% positive this is a bug...

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Feb 6 15:32:48 EST 2007

>99% sure this is a bug.  Posting here to make sure:
>
>My '-R' options in LDFLAGS are being ignored at certain link
>times.

Yes, it's a problem and has been for about a billion years (internet time);
I think I even mention it in the little gssapi writeup that's in the
cyrus-sasl documentation.

The real problem is that this is abuse of libtool.  Libtool is being
used to create loadable modules, something which it is _not_ designed to
do.  The -R option ends up in the libtool wrapper file; the idea is that
you're supposed to use libtool to do the final link on the executable and
the -R will be added back in at that time; that never happens because the
object file is used directly by the Cyrus-SASL library.  I just end up
linking the GSSAPI plugin by hand; you can do that, or patch libtool
like the other poster suggested.

--Ken