SASL over LDAP don't work

NguyenHuynh huynhnguyen at mikorn.com
Tue Dec 11 04:17:49 EST 2007

Dear All,

> In this case he needs to read the Cyrus SASL docs more closely, or pay
more
> attention to what he's typing. "auxprop_plugin: ldap" is not the same as
> "auxprop_plugin: ldapdb". He's mixing the docs/configs for two completely
> different LDAP mechanisms."

I'm sure "auxprop_plugin: ldap"

This is the man pages of saslauthd command"
I think that ldapdb or ldap is up to package for distribution which you use

=====================
[root at test postfix]# saslauthd
saslauthd[74785] :main            : no authentication mechanism specified
usage: saslauthd [options]

option information:
  -a <authmech>  Selects the authentication mechanism to use.
  -c             Enable credential caching.
  -d             Debugging (don't detach from tty, implies -V)
  -r             Combine the realm with the login before passing to
authentication mechanism
                 Ex. login: "foo" realm: "bar" will get passed as login:
"foo at bar"
                 The realm name is passed untouched.
  -O <option>    Optional argument to pass to the authentication
                 mechanism.
  -l             Disable accept() locking. Increases performance, but
                 may not be compatible with some operating systems.
  -m <path>      Alternate path for the saslauthd working directory,
                 must be absolute.
  -n <procs>     Number of worker processes to create.
  -s <kilobytes> Size of the credential cache (in kilobytes)
  -t <seconds>   Timeout for items in the credential cache (in seconds)
  -v             Display version information and available mechs
  -V             Enable verbose logging
  -h             Display this message.

saslauthd 2.1.22
authentication mechanisms: sasldb getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap ldap httpform