SASL stoped working

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Aug 26 08:05:35 EDT 2007

Jorge Bastos schrieb:

> All OK,
>
> Sasl says cannot find plugin 'sql'
>
> But I do have libsasl2-modules-sql installed

As discussed yesterday on freenode, this looks like a packaging fault in
Debian unstable. These guys should have a close look at your bug report.

What I find a bit astonishing is the fact that the libs have different
version number than the source version:

$ rpm -q cyrus-sasl
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-4

$ rpm -qvl cyrus-sasl | grep libsasldb.so.
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root    root               19 Sep 29  2006
/usr/lib64/sasl2/libsasldb.so -> libsasldb.so.2.0.22
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root    root               19 Sep 29  2006
/usr/lib64/sasl2/libsasldb.so.2 -> libsasldb.so.2.0.22
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root    root           893176 Sep 29  2006
/usr/lib64/sasl2/libsasldb.so.2.0.22

While these are just numbers (2.0.22 vs. 2.1.22) and cyrus-sasl works on
my Red Hat / Fedora systems, Debian unstable might be confused - or
postfix just being compiled against different cyrus-sasl .so files,
though on the other hand ldd is happy and the sasldb setup I worked out
with Jorge works.

Alexander