strange login/password problem

Philippe Trolliet philippe.trolliet at novatec-gmbh.de
Thu Aug 23 06:46:05 EDT 2007

i used testsaslauthd to check if it works with saslauthd too. it worked. it
doesn´t matter what is after the "keht77&0"-string.
here the commands i used:
$ testsaslauthd -u user at domain.com -p "keht77&0kkkk" -s <tested services:
imap, smtp, pop>
or
$ testsaslauthd -u user at domain.com -p "keht77&0kfdkdoe" -s <tested services:
imap, smtp, pop>

for every command i get
0: OK "Success."

here my pam configuration:
- saslauthd is configured to use pam
- all user information is stored in a mysql database
- following pam modules are configured to lookup the user credentials from
mysql-db:
	- imap
	- pop
	- sieve
	- smtp
	- smtp.postfix
	- smtp.postfis

every service has the following configuration:
auth       sufficient   pam_mysql.so user=<some-user> passwd=<password>
host=localhost db=<db-name> table=accountuser usercolumn=username
passwdcolumn=password crypt=1 logtable=log logmsgcolumn=msg
logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host logpidcolumn=pid logtimecolumn=time
account    required     pam_mysql.so user=<some-user> passwd=<password>
host=localhost db=<db-name> table=accountuser usercolumn=username
passwdcolumn=password crypt=1 logtable=log logmsgcolumn=msg
logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host logpidcolumn=pid logtimecolumn=time

i don´t know why but logging doesn´t work. the table where all the log
information should be stored is empty.

regards
philippe