Operating System version support for Cyrus SASL open source library

Alexey Melnikov alexey.melnikov at isode.com
Wed Aug 1 07:22:28 EDT 2007

Ozel, Kenan wrote:

> I would like to know if Cyrus SASL version 2.1.21 (used with OpenLDAP
> authentication) can be used on the following platforms:
>
> ·          AIX, 5.4
>
> ·          AIX, 5.3

I am not building on AIX anymore, so I can't comment.

> ·          HP-UX PA-RISC2 (HP/UX-PA) 11.31
>
> ·          HP-UX PA-RISC2 (HP/UX-PA) 11.23

Isode is building Cyrus SASL on HP-UX 11iv1 (11.11). I might have some
changes that are not in CMU CVS.

> ·          HP-UX Itanium (HP/UX-IA) 11.31
>
> ·          HP-UX Itanium (HP/UX-IA) 11.23

I haven't tried Itanium yet.

> ·          Red Hat Enterprise Linux, 5.0
>
> ·          Red Hat Enterprise Linux, 4.0
>
> ·          SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server, 10.0
>
> ·          SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server, 9.0
>
> ·          Solaris, 10.0 - RISC
>
> ·          Solaris, 9.0 - RISC
>
> ·          Solaris, 8.0 - RISC

Isode is building on all of these, so they should be fine.

> ·          Windows 2008 Server
>
> ·          Windows Vista

I haven't tried these 2 yet, but I don't expect any problems.

> ·          Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
>
> ·          Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
>
> ·          Windows XP Professional

These work just fine.

> In case an upgrade is required, what version of Cyrus SASL is
> recommended to build and run on the above platforms?

Try the latest version from CVS. There were some 64bit related fixes
after 2.1.21.