Cyrus IMAPd -> SASL auxprop-plugin: ldapdb -> OpenLDAP

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Sat Sep 30 16:19:02 EDT 2006

Am Tuesday 26 September 2006 08:09 schrieb Torsten Schlabach:

> Let me start with the same sentence which seems to belong to this
> subject: I have read the archives and docs for days, ...
>
> Let me try to keep my question as simple as possible:
>
> My /etc/imapd.conf:
>
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
>
> sasl_auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
> sasl_ldapdb_uri: ldap://127.0.0.1
> sasl_ldapdb_id: cn=admin,dc=xxxxx,dc=yy

Hmm, I havn't seen a DN here yet. I would guess, this is wrong.
Use a normal Username.

> sasl_ldapdb_pw: *****
>
> Alternatively I tried
>
> sasl_ldapdb_id: admin

Looks better.

Hmm, you should specify a Mechanism which is able to do Authorization,
something like DIGEST-MD5 or PLAIN.

sasl_ldapdb_mech: DIGEST-MD5

And did you enable sasl-Authorization in slapd.conf and in the LDAP-Objects?

> What I would expect to see happening is:
>
> 1. User logs on to IMAPd and supplies a username and a password. (I am
> trying this using cyradm.)

No, first ldapdb_id and ldapdb_pw is used.

> 2. Username and password are passed on to the SASL layer.

Then the User of cyradm is being searched for and the userPassword is fetched
from LDAP.

This is compared to that what comes from cyradm.

--
	Andreas