saslauthd w/ ldap issues continued

AJ aj at mindcrash.com
Wed Sep 13 13:09:00 EDT 2006

I have been trying to get saslauthd working w/ ldap.
I am trying to authenticate via the user's mail attribute as opposed
to their uid attribute.  Here is my saslauthd.conf file.

ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap_search_base: dc=Users,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_filter: mail=%u
ldap_auth_method: bind
ldap_use_sasl: no

SASL version is 2.1.19 from RHEL 4 update 4

This works w/ testsaslauthd for usernames such as test at domain.com

When i use imtest from cyrus imapd, it does not work.  I have tried
running saslauthd with and without the -r flag and the result is the
same.  It seems that saslauthd is stripping off the domain part either
way.

On the ldap server i see this:
SRCH base="dc=Users,dc=domain,dc=com" scope=2 filter="(mail=test)" attrs="dn"

Notice under filter it does not say test at domain, but when I run
testsaslauthd it does.

Any ideas here?