ldapdb with imapd + groups [auf Viren überprüft]

Hans Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Sep 1 07:25:38 EDT 2006

Hi!

I configured imapd 2.2.12 with ldapdb 2.1.21 successfully for users'
authentication and authorisation (ACLs).
cyradm> sam user.x username_y write

Now I want to use groups in imapd ACLs. There is a group on my slapd
ldap server.

cyradm> sam user.x group:ldapgroup write
setaclmailbox: group:ldapgroup: lrswipcd: Invalid identifier

So it may be more likely an authorisation problem than authentication,
because it is related to an ACL. Do I have to configure it with ldapdb
or "somewhere else" in imapd.conf?

Hans