cyrus chokes after few logins

Martin G.H. Minkler minkler at artegic.de
Sun Oct 15 09:35:39 EDT 2006

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> --On 14. Oktober 2006 16:38:05 +0200 "Martin G.H. Minkler"
> <minkler at artegic.de> wrote:
>
>> It was the low entropy of /dev/random - after disallowing APOP everything
>> is just fine. Apparently the default for APOP is _enabled_ - to turn it
>> off it needs to be explicitly set to allowapop: no.
>
> That's what I wrote yesterday ...

Yes, just assumed that

#allowapop: yes

meant that it was commented out thus disabled. Was probably me setting
it explicitly to allowed when installing the server sometime later
trying do disable it by commenting it out. Wrong. Assumptions are futile.

Thanks for the patience :-)

> The "1" indicates that it's on by default

Another thing learned ;-)

>>> You have to specify the source prior to compilation with "configure":
>>>
>>> --with-devrandom=PATH   set the path to /dev/random [/dev/random]
>>
>> Any way to achieve the same effect with debian packages?
>
> You need to ask the Debian people for that.

Will do.

>> A startup option maybe?
>
> Hardly.

:-(