My problem, Cyrus-SASL via sql plugin with oracle

Woon-San Ko woon_san at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 21:34:42 EST 2006

Hi, all.

I am going to explain my problem and want to hear some advices.

I have been modifying plugins/sql.c to use oracle.
So I changed sql.c, configure.in, and configure (by autoconf).
I adopted libsqlora8 (http://www.poitschke.de/libsqlora8/) library to easily use OCI.

When I tested with my stand alone test program using libsqlora8, it works very fine.
But when I added some valid code into sql.c, it does not work.

After tedious digging, I found that the OCIEnvCreate (in OCI) function failed returning -1.
So, the sqlo_server_attach (in libsqlora8) function could not succeed.

I am not advanced programmer in this field. I guessed the problem might be a security problem or
an environmental problem.
I tried to configure all environment variables for oracle for the cyrus user, by both shell
environment settings and programmatic way (by adding some putenv() codes in
cyrus-imapd/master/master.c, just for test.), but all failed.

I could not catch any clue. (I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.2.13, cyrus-sasl-2.1.22, GNU/Linux 2.6.11 and
Oracle 10g.)

Could anybody give me some advice?

TIA.

-Woonsan Ko