SASL authentication failures with SQL

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat Nov 18 13:05:38 EST 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Gerard Seibert wrote:

> On Saturday 18 November 2006 11:55, Jason Dixon wrote:
>
>> I'm building a new mailserver and am using Postfix with Cyrus-SASL's
>> auxprop/sql mechanism.  Passwords are stored via PostfixAdmin's md5
>> in a MySQL table.  When testing this configuration, I keep getting
>> authentication failures.  When I test with Thunderbird, I see the
>> following:
>>
> Just out of curiosity, have your tried the Postfix forum regarding
> this
> problem? IMHO, that seems to be where you should be seeking
> assistance.

Not yet.  I assumed this would be the best place to start since it
might be an incompatibility with the way I'm storing the passwords,
and the format that SASL is expecting.  I have successfully
configured Postfix + dovecot-sasl to use the same data store, so it
made sense to start here.  I will post this to the Postfix list as well.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting