How to move sasldb to another server?

Martin Schweizer schweizer.martin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 02:57:55 EST 2006

Hello Andreas

2006/11/10, Andreas Winkelmann <ml at awinkelmann.de>:
> Am Friday 10 November 2006 13:42 schrieb Martin Schweizer:
>
> > I have two cyrus imapd server (all software has the same version)
> > which uses sasldb for authentication. For failover reasons I would
> > like to "copy" regulary the sasldb from the main server to the backup
> > server. How can I do that? I did copied by hand but this works not.
>
> Maybe you want to tell us, what "works not" means?

...  means you can not login (pop3, imap oder squirrmail)  if you use
the copied file.

> I would guess, you use the Hostname as Realm. This will change on the other

... yea, I saw (with strings sasldb2.sb) that there are realms in the
database. Probably that is the problem. Isn't it?

> Server of course. You can solve this with setting servername in imapd.conf to

... you mean I should turn on the main server name in the impad.conf
from the backup server?

> the Hostname of the Source-Server. Or change sasldb after copying. Or...

... what you mean with "change sasldb after copying"? Do something by hand?

Regards,
Martin

--
Martin Schweizer