ldapdb and crypt Userpassword

Tuan Van tvan at santafefixtures.com
Tue May 9 12:01:51 EDT 2006

Tuan Van wrote:
> Hi list,
> has anyone be able to get ldapdb to work with crypt Userpassword using
> the patch mention in
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-sasl&msg=6183
> ?
>
> TIA
> Tuan

Thank you all for the replies. I am not here to advocate for crypt
password in the back end. I am myself using auxprop with plaintext
password stored in mysql. The reason I asked about the mention patch
because I wonder if there is alternative to saslauthd (choice is good,
right?) even though it is trival to set it up and the document is good
too. I like auxprop because it simple. I don't need to run yet another
daemon. WRT security, if one use PLAINTEXT mech  with TLS, wouldn't it
be secured enough?

Thanks,
Tuan