Cyrus + SASL + PAM + LDAP

Imre Veres imre.veres at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:18:41 EDT 2006

> 1. I CAN authenticate perfectly with an LDAP user or sasldb user
> through imap :-):
> 2. I cannot authenticate with cyradm and LMTP:

I'm sorry for my previous mail, I should have known that better: I
created two technical users in the LDAP, one for cyradm and another
for lmtp traffic and both of them work perfectly.

One more little question if I'm not too audacious. It's surely an
imapd question but you may know the answer.

I've read that cyrus imapd wants fully qualified username through
lmtp. Does it mean I should create mailboxes with full email addresses
or with localparts or does this mailbox name can differ from email
address? The last one were the best for me, because my LDAP user's uid
is differ from email address; and I would use a tool that creating
cyrus mailboxes automagically, but in the "user.$uid" form. For
example:

my mail address: imre.veres at company.hu
my uid: six
mailbox name: user.six