saslauthd problems

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Wed Mar 1 15:59:46 EST 2006

Marek Turczyniak wrote:

 > What about saslauthd.conf?

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what file is that?  As I mentioned
earlier, this was installed via a FreeBSD port, not the official
release.  I read the man page that was installed for saslauthd and could
find no mention of this file.  I do have a Sendmail.conf file, but I
don't think that saslauthd is reading it for some reason.  Is there a
way for me to increase the logging level of saslauthd?  Outside of
maillog, which message I posted previously, the only instance I can find
in the logs are as follows:

ns1# tail /var/log/auth.log
Feb 28 21:13:45 ns1 saslauthd[533]: detach_tty      : master pid is: 533
Feb 28 21:13:45 ns1 saslauthd[533]: ipc_init        : listening on
socket: /var/state/saslauthd/mux

Best regards,
Greg Groth