could not.....

lars ebeling dhd733 at yahoo.se
Sat Jun 24 09:38:29 EDT 2006

  >This is not Postfix.

>Best to first decide if you wish to use Postfix or another MTA.

  No , it's an ordinary telnet to the mailrelay on port 25. Just to see the dialog.

  Perhaps I should clarify. I use outlook as a client to my own mailserver (running postfix), then I use my ISP as a mailrelay, and the authentication is against the mailrelay. So my postfixserver is the client.

>> smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous

>"smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous" is missing, >without
>PlaintextMechanisms (PLAIN, LOGIN) will be suppressed.'

Have a look again ;)

  Regards
  Lars

> #
>
>   # cat /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
> mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN

Hmm, a "pwcheck_method" is missing. Do you really want to use sasldb?

--
Andreas

Hobbithobbyist
 "Never run after your own hat.  Others will be delighted to do it; why spoil their fun?"
-- Mark Twain