Bug in Cyrus SASL 2.1.22 configure script and PostgreSQL

Will Buik willbuik at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 13:27:08 EDT 2006

I have experianced a bug in the Cyrus SASL 2.1.22 configure script
when trying to use PostgreSQL.  It creates valid makefiles which
compile corectly, but when you try to use the SQL plugin, it logs the
error "SQL engine 'pgsql' not supported".

I passed the following arguments to the configure script.
--prefix=/usr/local/sasl-2.1.22
--enable-sql
--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4

To fix this I had to add
-DHAVE_PGSQL
to the DEFS= line of the plugins/ makefile.

After recompiling like this it worked fine.  Has anyone else had this
problem?  Is it actualy a bug or did I just screw something up myself?