cyrus-sasl2 mysql postfix freebsd problem

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Sat Jan 7 16:59:05 EST 2006

> Please turn on Verbose-Logging in your MySQL-Server. Check if the Query
> arrives at the SQL-Server.

Sorry, I'm hardly an expert in MySQL. I tried adding this line to
/etc/rc.conf:

mysql_args="--log='/var/log/mysql'"

and restarted MySQL but I'm not seeing output. Is there some other means
of enabling logging in MySQL?

I have previously verified that the MySQL setup is OK.

> Hmm, are the Passwords in Cleartext in the DB?

Yes. I've followed the instructions in the Hildebrandt/Koetter Postfix
book.

Thanks in advance for further clues.

Also -- any FreeBSD gurus: Is there some way of getting the cyrus-sasl
client and server test programs from ports? They are not compiled in the
FBSD port of cyrus-sasl 2.1.21.

thanks again

dn