saslauthd problems

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Tue Feb 28 14:42:56 EST 2006

Thank you for your response, I will add these lines as suggested and
give it a try.  I started this project based off of a how-to I located
on the web, which did not have these lines added to their sample mc
file.  I did read the Sendmail.README file, which had the following stated:
"dnl The group needs to be mail in order to read the sasldb2 file"

I did not add these lines at that time since the how-to did not.  As the
how-to suggested, I am using "pwcheck_method: saslauthd", which to my
understanding doesn't use the sasldb2 file, or does it?  Will saslauthd
have problems regardless what the pwcheck_method is if it cannot read
the sasldb2 file?

Best regards & many thanks,
Greg Groth