SASL, MIT Kerberos and Windows

Douglas Abbink dabbink at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:15:48 EST 2006

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has tried to use the latest version of MIT Kerberos
with SASL on Windows (specifically, Kerberos for Windows 3).  I know the
documentation on compiling Cyrus SASL states that CyberSafe is the only
GSSAPI that is supported, but with a small change to the make file, SASL
compiles with MIT Kerberos for Windows GSSAPI just fine.

Has anyone had any success using the saslGSSAPI.dll that results?  Is there
a reason that MIT Kerberos is not supported for GSSAPI on windows?  Am I
crazy trying to go down this path?

I ask because I am tasked with porting a kerberos app server that uses MIT
Kerb and Cyrus SASL to windows from Linux.

Thanks all,

Douglas Abbink