"Server unknown" error

Gilles gilles at harfang.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 15 13:26:22 EST 2006

Hello.

I'm experimenting with Kerberos and LDAP, and I'm now
quite confused with the following error:

$ ldapwhoami -H ldap://db -Y GSSAPI
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
        additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:  Miscellaneous failure (see text) (Server (ldap/db.harfang.homelinux.org at HARFANG.HOMELINUX.ORG) unknown)

The fact is that I had created a "ldap/db.harfang.homelinux.org"
principal. And the above command had been working.
Subsequently, I removed that principal and created another one
named "db/db.harfang.homelinux.org".

So, where does that command find a reference to the old name?

The "slapd" server log doesn't show anything during the connection
attempt, even though the debug level is set quite high.

[I'm sorry if this isn't the right list to aks this, but I cannot
determine where the problem comes from in this LDAP/SASL/Kerberos
combination.  I hope someone knowledgeable will point me in the
right direction.]

Thanks for your help.
Gilles