How do I combine the use of sasldb and pam?

Jim Bacon jim at nortx.com
Sat Dec 30 06:38:47 EST 2006

Thank you!

This worked.  I took a look at the actual command line saslauthd was being
started with (ps -elf is your friend).  I adjusted /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
to only have pam in the mech list as well (it turned out that this file
over-rode the command line settings).  Once I had done that the changes you
suggested to /etc/imapd.conf worked just fine.  I can even go back to the
stock distro for Fedora 6 which does not have sasldb enabled in saslauthd
since it is now cyrus-imapd that now uses sasldb.

Thanks again!

Jim