How to cvs checkout SASL

Biswatosh biswatosh2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 01:14:07 EST 2006

Hi,

I tried this and it could check out. Thanks.
But, I found two problems.

Problem 1)

After checking out thru CVS, I DID NOT find the
configure file. How then I build SASL? Here is a
snapshot of the files checked out.
AUTHORS            Makefile.am        README.ldapdb
  configure.in       java               pwcheck
    sasldb
COPYING            NEWS               README.rpm
  contrib            lib                sample
    utils
CVS                NTMakefile         SMakefile
  dlcompat-20010505  mac                samples
    win32
ChangeLog          README             cmulocal
  doc                man                sasl
INSTALL.TXT        README.andrew      config
  include            plugins            saslauthd
Could somebody pls check, is/(why is) CVS checkout any
different from a ftp or a http checkout of SASL?

Problem 2)

Again, whenever I am trying to checkout
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.tar.gz file thru ftp or http, I see
that the file size is 	 1609278 bytes. After
downloading this, I see the same number of bytes
downloaded. I gunzip it successfully but upon running
tar -xvf on the tar file, it gives a tar: directory
checksum error.
The sizes of the tar.zip file and of the tar file are:
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    8069120 Dec 15 11:31
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.tar
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    1609278 Dec 15 11:33
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22.tar.gz

When, I try the same process (ftp ot http ) on version
2.2.21. It downloads the tar.gz file successfully and
tar -xvf on the tar is also successful. The problem is
happening only with version 2.1.22.

Did anybody face it ?

Thanks
Biswatosh