Cyrus-sasl + ldap support on Debian Sarge

alesysadmin at alice.it alesysadmin at alice.it
Sat Aug 12 08:18:46 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to install a new mailserver with ldap on my Debian Sarge 3.1r2.

I'm following the guide found here:
http://wanderingbarque.com/howtos/mailserver/mailserver.html

I have installed ldap from my distro:

apt-get install slapd ldap-utils

I got cyrus-sasl-2.1.20 (with .22 i have the same problem) from:

http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail

tar xvfz  cyrus-sasl-2.1.20.tar.gz
cd  cyrus-sasl-2.1.20
/configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man –with-ldap=/etc/ldap
make
make install

If i do
saslauthd -v
saslauthd 2.1.20
authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 rimap shadow

It seems that ldap support is not installed.

The guide recommends to install the following openldap packages:

openldap
openldap-servers
openldap-devel
But i have't in my Debian Sarge.

How can i do to make cyrus-sasl with ldap to work.

Thanks a lot!