reason=saslauthd internal error ????

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:46:31 EDT 2006

So I'm setting up cyrus-sasl 2.1.22 on a Linux box, specifically RHEL4.

When testing it out with testsaslauthd I keep getting this:
0: NO "authentication failed"

log shows this:

saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: [user=blah] [service=pop]
[realm=OUR.REALM] [mech=kerberos5] [reason=saslauthd internal error]

Yet my Kerberos server clearly shows it thinks everything is ok:

auth1 [xxx] [ID 254627 user.info] $DLFDDFLJ, AS: ticket issued: authtime
1154540343, host=IP (FQDN), client=blah at OUR.REALM,
server=krbtgt/OUR.REALM at OUR.REALM

I tried running saslauthd with the -d flag and it really doesn't seem to
give me any more details than I already have.

Ideas?