Testing authentincation / SASL + MySQL

volatile 45hs volatileservers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:27:49 EDT 2006

Patrick, thanks for your response,

    On 4/27/06, Patrick Ben Koetter <p at state-of-mind.de> wrote:

        * volatile 45hs <volatileservers at gmail.com>:
        > Hello list, I am trying to use MySQL as an authentication backend
for SASL

        > Errors:
        >
        > MySQL query log:
        > ---------------
        >
        > 1033 Connect     Access denied for user: ' postfix at localhost'
(Using
        > password: YES)

        MySQL says, your MySQL user "postfix" is not allowed to read data
from the
        MySQL database. This is not a Cyrus SASL problem. You need to fix
the access
        problem to MySQL first.

        Proceed testing Cyrus SASL only if you can log into MySQL like this:

        $ mysql -u postfix -p <password>

I forgot to mention that I had already tested the mysql postfix user access
/ permissions from the console and had no problems ( $ mysql -u postfix -p
<password> works)

I noticed that this error (/var/log/auth) is logged every time I start the
testing server
So I guess this is the starting point of my problem.......
Have I failed in my compilation?

         > Apr 26 22:38:36 ced lt-server: sql_select option missing
         > Apr 26 22:38:36 ced lt-server: auxpropfunc error no mechanism
available
         > Apr 26 22:38:36 ced lt-server: _sasl_plugin_load failed on
sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: sql

    > # SMTP AUTH mechanisms
    > mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM_MD5

    Typo! Should be "CRAM-MD5"

    FIXED,  but no change

        > # auxiliary plugin parameters -> mysql password backend
        > auxprop_plugin: sql
        > sql_engine: mysql
        > sql_hostname: localhost
        > sql_database: smtpauthdb