ldapdb: error: invalid parameter supplied

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu Apr 20 17:07:46 EDT 2006

I am trying to configure the ldapdb auxprop plugin, built manually from
Cyrus-SASL.2.1.21, to authenticate against OpenLDAP, using stock RPM
openldap-2.3.19-4 from Fedora Core 5.

Authentication fails with the following errors:

Apr 20 19:50:12 laptop slapd[28454]: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
Apr 20 19:50:12 laptop slapd[28454]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb

Now I am trying to find out who "supplied" the "invalid parameter" in order to
fix it.

The OpenLDAP slaptest utility didn't report any errors on slapd.conf. Also the
log_level I've set in /usr/lib/sasl2/sample.conf didn't give me any verbose
output either when I used Cyrus SASL's server and client to test
authentication.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks,

p at rick