Log_level with auxprop sql_engine

Alexey Melnikov alexey.melnikov at isode.com
Wed Apr 19 14:11:47 EDT 2006

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> Julian Pawlowski (lists) wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use Cyrus SASL 2.1.21 with MySQL support and Postfix 2.3.
>> I actually entered "log_level: 0" in smtpd.conf but I still get a mass
>> of entries from cyrus SASL while a user is being authenticated:
>
> After looking at the code: the default logging callback implemented in
> libsasl supports log_level option.
> However if the application (Postfix) is specifying own logging
> callback, it has to have the code like the following:
>
>    sasl_server_conn_t *sconn;
>
>    if (context) {
>        if (((sasl_conn_t *)context)->type == SASL_CONN_SERVER) {
>            sconn = (sasl_server_conn_t *)context;
>            if (sconn->sparams->log_level < priority)
>                return SASL_OK;
>        }
>    }

Actually, there is a bug in the code calling _sasl_syslog (the default
logging callback), which will result in context being NULL, so the code
quoted above will be ignored.
I will fix this in 2.1.22 (coming soon).

However if Postfix is installing own logging callback, my original
comment still apply.