How to? saslauthd strip domain

Netlink Tech tech at netlinkcom.com
Wed Apr 12 13:48:49 EDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Igor Brezac wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Netlink Tech wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have a FC5 x86_64 server with saslauthd 2.1.21, sendmail 8.13.6, etc.
>> I have SMTP_auth working fine with 'user' using PAM.
>> I would like to get it working with 'user at netlinkcom.com' using PAM.
>>
>> My saslauthd is started from initd with the following options:
>> /usr/sbin/saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthd -a pam
>>
>> When I use testsaslauthd I get the following:
>>
>> [root]# testsaslauthd -u testuser -p test1234 -s smtp
>> 0: OK "Success."
>> [root]# testsaslauthd -u testuser at netlinkcom.com -p test1234 -s smtp
>> 0: NO "authentication failed"
>>
>> Log file shows this on authentication failure:
>> Apr 12 12:23:25 mighty saslauthd[31617]: do_auth         : auth failure:
>> [user=testuser at netlinkcom.com] [service=smtp] [realm=] [mech=pam]
>> [reason=PAM auth error]
>>
>> How can I strip the domain before sending the auth request to PAM?
>
> It is done automatically by libsasl.
>
> --
> Igor

That is what I thought when reading docs/archived lists, but it doesn't
appear that it is doing it. I read that the -r option leaves the
realm/domain intact...but I am not starting saslauthd with -r...so I
expect that it WOULD strip off the domain.
BUT, testsaslauthd fails auth and logfile shows PAM auth error.
Doesn't that mean that it is in fact not stripping of the domain?
--
Curt