Solaris 8 and Cyrus compilation revisited...

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Wed Sep 7 15:17:05 EDT 2005

-On Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:47:40 AM -0500 Alex Moen
> <alexm at ndtel.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a simple fix that will allow this program to compile on
> > Solaris??!!??  I have successfully compiled and configured
> > on RedHat 8
> > following the instructions at
> > http://www.jonfullmer.com/smtpauth/.  It
> > would be nice if there were a few notes or hints about
> > compiling this on
> > Solaris in the docs files.  I found one reference about a
> > bug failing to
> > link libraries and a url to bugzilla, but that was totally
> > unhelpful.
> >
> > Can anyone give a definitive answer to this?  It looks like
> > lots of people
> > have tried, but I haven't seen anyone post that they were successful
> > compiling this on a production Solaris box.
>
> Attached is the patch I used to compile on Solaris 10 x86
> against openssl
> 0.9.8. I'm not sure how "correct" it is, but it fixed all my
> macro problems.

OK, I tried these patches, and get the exact same errors.  It looks to me
like ld is having problems here... No matter what I do, I get the following
errors:

gcc -Wall -W -g -O2 -o .libs/sasldblistusers2 sasldblistusers.o
../lib/.libs/libsasl2.so -ldl -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -lsocket
-L/usr/lib -ldb -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl ../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.al
-lresolv -lsocket -lresolv -lsocket -R/usr/lib
Undefined symbol        first referenced in file
db_strerror             ../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.al(db_berkeley.lo)
db_create               ../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.al(db_berkeley.lo)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
.libs/sasldblistusers2

Also, I changed my configure line as per a suggestion by another list
watcher... Here is my current config:
./configure  --prefix=/usr \
             --sysconfdir=/etc \
             --mandir=/usr/share/man \
             --with-lib-subdir=/usr/lib \
             --with-dblib=berkeley \
             --with-bdb-libdir=/usr/lib \
             --with-bdb-incdir=/usr/include \
             --enable-login  \
             --disable-gssapi  \
             --disable-krb4  \
             --disable-otp  \
             --disable-anon  \
             --without-des

And another thing: I have upgraded to gcc 3.3.2, also as per an offlist
suggestion.  None of these have helped.

TIA again,

Alex