postfix dbmail and cyrus-sasl

Alan Glait aglait at renatre.org.ar
Wed Sep 7 12:44:23 EDT 2005

Hi !
Im trying to enable smtp auth in postfix+dbmail
now I have:
/usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
mech_list: CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5

and I get in maillog

< unknown[192.168.1.5]: AUTH CRAM-MD5
smtpd_sasl_authenticate: sasl_method CRAM-MD5
smtpd_sasl_authenticate: uncoded challenge: <3886930606.2037449@>
 > unknown[192.168.1.5]: 334
PDM4ODY5MzA2MDYuMjAzNzQ0OUBteDIucmVuYXRyZS5vcmcuYXI+
< unknown[192.168.1.5]: YWdsYWl0IDA4ZWJlYTZjMzdlZjE3NTRkMTg5ZTExZjhmMGJjMzdk
smtpd_sasl_authenticate: decoded response: user
08ebea6c37ef1754d189e11f8f0bc37d
warning: SASL authentication failure: Could not open db
warning: SASL authentication failure: Could not open db
warning: SASL authentication failure: no secret in database
warning: unknown[192.168.1.5]: SASL CRAM-MD5 authentication failed

probing ... I test
bash-2.05b# testsaslauthd -s smtp -u aglait -p pass
0: OK "Success."

so ... I think that I have a bad configuration ....

can you help me ??