Cyrus-SASL2+Sendmail 8.13.5 problem

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Thu Oct 20 08:33:02 EDT 2005

--On 20. oktober 2005 10:27 +0400 Dmitriy Kirhlarov
<dkirhlarov at oilspace.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:54:50PM +0200, Sasa Stupar wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have compiled sendmail with sasl2 for client authentication on my
>> FreeBSD 5.4. But when user try to send a message it get Relay denied. I
>> have checked the logs and  there is a line "Uknown password verifier". I
>> am using Cyrus-impad 2.2.12+sasl2 and it works fine. My quick fix was to
>> compile sendmail with sasl (ver1) and now I am running sasl2 and sasl.
>> But I really don't want to run two different sasl versions, I'd like to
>> run  only with sasl2.
>>
>> BTW: I have put in /etc/make.conf:
>> --
>> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
>> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
>> SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2
>> --
>

> Be sure, what you NOT have <Tab> or <Space> at start of line in
> /etc/make.conf. Plz, sent output for
> pkg_info -Ix sasl
> and
> sendmail -d0.1 < /dev/null
>
> For in-box FreeBSD 5.4 you can recompile sendmail:
> cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail && make depends && make
>
> For port-sendmail you must use
> make -DSENDMAIL_WITH_SASL2=yes
> (look /usr/ports/mail/sendmail/Makefile)
>
> --
> WBR,
> Dmitriy

There are no <tab> or <space> char in /etc/make.conf

mig29# pkg_info -Ix sasl
cyrus-sasl-1.5.28_4 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
cyrus-sasl-2.1.21   RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.21 SASL authentication server for cyrus-sasl2

mig29# sendmail -d0.1 < /dev/null
Version 8.13.5
 Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
                NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING
SASLv2
                SCANF STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS USERDB XDEBUG

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = mig29
  (canonical domain name) $j = mig29.workgroup
         (subdomain name) $m = workgroup
              (node name) $k = mig29.workgroup

Recipient names must be specified

It doesn't matter what I do (port or from usr.sbin), I allways have the
same problem.

Regards,
Sasa